Temet Construction specializes in rock and concrete construction
Railroad and subway tunnels, roads under urban areas, subway and sewage tunnels, and civil defense facilities improve the quality of life for urban residents.
Due to the large rock masses involved, rock construction places precise demands on work and user safety. With the right working methods and equipment, subway and rail systems will function safely, bridges will withstand the weight of heavy traffic, and traffic will flow through tunnels even if rock is blasted nearby for a new shopping mall.
The complexity and time pressures of the projects underline the importance of broad-based expertise.
Temet Construction has mastered the working methods of rock construction over our many years of experience and know-how:
Rock and cement grouting. Chemical or cement injection strengthens and compactes earth, concrete or rock structures to make them durable.
Rock netting and bolting. These methods prevent boulders and rocks from dislodging from the excavated space or, respectively, in open cuts of rocks in the vicinity of guardrails and driveways. The bolts are usually 2 to 6 meters long and are soldered with a suitable cement. Often the object is further reinforced by shotcreting.
Shotcreting strengthens the rock structure and land ramps and thus prevents movement and collapse. Rock netting, bolting and shotcreting are often used together.
An experienced professional in concrete construction
Concrete applications include various infrastructure structures for which Temet Construction specializes. These include bridges, tunnels and cast-in-place concrete structures.
- Rock and cement grouting. Chemical or cement grouting strengthens and compacts structures to make them permanent by pumping a material into the soil, concrete or rock structure that hardens. This substance expands when it meets water, blocking water leaks.
- Rock netting and bolting. These methods prevent boulders and rocks from dislodging from the excavated space. Bolts are usually 2 to 6 meters (approx. 6 to 19 feet) long and are soldered with cement. Often the object is additionally reinforced with shotcrete.
- Shotcreting strengthens the rock structure and prevents movement and collapse. Rock netting, bolting and shotcreting are often used together.
Here are some examples of recent rock and concrete construction projects from Temet Construction:
- Reinforcement of the tunnel of the Blominmaeki sewage treatment plant and concrete works.
- Renovation of Suurivuori railway tunnel lining structure, including bolting, netting, spraying, waterproofing together with thermal insulation and support structures.
- Reinforcement and concrete works of the tunnel of the Kakolanmaki sewage treatment plant.
- An underground station of Helsinki's western metro extension (Lansimetro), e.g. rock reinforcement, bolting, drainage and shotcrete.
- Anchor bolts, cement grouting and shotcrete for the Marjamäki, Lemunmäki and Kuparivuori tunnels.
Temet Construction solves all kinds of rock and concrete construction challenges.